Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tutorial - Easter "baskets"

Good evening my lovelies! I've just finished my little niece's Easter gift!

I'm a serious coffee drinker, and my preferred brand is Moccona. The jars are so pretty and useful that I have a problem throwing them in the recycling bin. (I've decanted my laundry powder, laundry soaker, even my cereal into various sized jars!) My sister-in-law decorated a Moccona jar and filled it with Easter eggs and chocolates one year as our gift. I finished the chocolate and then filled the jar with my espresso. This year I'm decorating and filling jars from my stash for Easter gifts to my family. And I'm going to show you how I did it. All measurements are in inches, and are based on me eyeballing my way through.

This is my first tutorial so bear with me. You can buy the items listed from my website. Just follow the links! :)

Easter basket jar - Materials needed:
50g Moccona glass coffee jar
B&T Duos paper of choice, I've used Chantilly (discontinued)
Adhesive tape (similar)
12inch paper trimmer
Hollyhock Exclusive Ink
Glamour Alphabet upper and lowercase stamp sets
My Acrylix block, I used 2"x3.5"
Ribbon or other embellishments, I used pink glitter gems.

1) Peel off the labels from jar and lid. Wash and dry your jar.
2.) Choose your B&T Duos paper, and embellishments.
3.) Trim your paper to a rectangle 1.5"x9.25".
With larger Moccona jars, simply scale up your measurements. For a 95g jar, 2.5"x10.5". For a 200g jar, 3"x12". Or just measure the label after you remove it.
4.) Put a bit of adhesive in the middle of your paper strip. Center and adhere to your jar. I simply chose the spot where the original label was stuck as my place to start from. Adhere one end of your strip and press firmly.
5.) Center and adhere remaining end of paper to jar, pressing firmly. Queensland is very humid so I used an extra bit of double sided tape to ensure my strip would stay on my jar.
6.) Embellish! I cut a length of white ribbon and adhered it to the middle of my jar. Then I stamped my niece's name using Hollyhock ink and the Glamour alphabet stampsets on a scrap of pink paper. Sticking that down over the seam of the ribbon and the paper, I added some pink sparkles. I trimmed the rim of the jar with some blue ribbon from my stash. (You could also color your own ribbon using CTMH Exclusive Inks if you like.)
7.) Fill with Easter grass, treats, and close before giving.

And there you have it! A quick, personalized way to turn your empty coffee jar into an Easter treat! I hope you've enjoyed this lil tutorial. :)

You can see the rest of the set here. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.