Wednesday, August 20, 2014

New favorites

Hello everyone!

I'm back and slowly settling into Queensland time. Lots of caffeine, forcing to wake up and stay up, and doing the normal thing is the mantra around here lately. Part of my getting back to my "normal" schedule was attending and working on my various projects during the August Brissie Consultant Funday on Monday!

I brought my brand new Cuttlebug and experimented with all of our new Embossing Folders. I'm in lurve! Thanks to Margaret M. and Caroline W. for letting me use their folders for these samples.

I decided to do cards at funday as I didn't have any photos from our trip ready just yet. I have extra retired B&T papers on hand so I've used them. Once my next order arrives I have a bunch of new ideas to make up!

I made this for our 10 card swap.
 Even the envelope flap got some decorating. Everyone loves happy mail. :)
Products used: Skylark B&T (nla). Lagoon & Chocolate cardstocks. Lagoon, Glacier, Smokey Plum inks. Happy Birds stampset. Trimmer. Blocks. Spritz. Scrubber. Woodgrain embossing folder. Bulk Colonial White cards & envelopes. Clear sparkles. Gold sequin assortment. Angel Policy stampset. Bonding Memories glue. Originals cardmaking book pg 71.

I made this card next, using "dry" embossing, also for a swap. The left card is stamped inside, the right is blank.
Products used: Products used: Ivy Lane B&T (nla). Champagne cardstock. (Pink cardstock from my stash.) Hollyhock ink. Perfect Day stampset. Trimmer. Blocks. Spritz. Scrubber. Damask embossing folder. Bulk Colonial White cards & envelopes. Gold sequin assortmentAngel Policy stampset. Bonding Memories glue. Originals cardmaking book pg 71.

Aren't these gorgeous? The various embossing folders add so much punch and flair to an otherwise simple card design. And at only $12 each, I'm hooked!

I couldn't leave funday without having a small piece of each folder pattern. So, I made a sampler! Now I've got an easy to use reference when I can't decide between patterns.
And here I am, proud as punch with my first piece of dry embossing. :D

I also got to try my hand at "wet" embossing with our new Clear Embossing Powder. It was so cool! Cannot wait to try wet embossing with my next batch of cards!
A Budding Friendship stampset
I used Versamark clear ink and Ranger™ Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder to emboss this flower. You can see the different effects that the wet and dry embossing techniqes has on these bits of chocolate cardstock. So cool!

I'll be holding embossing workshops here in studio over the next couple weeks. I'll be doing both wet and dry methods and I have some gorgeous ideas for Christmas crafts that you're going to drool over! Which are you most excited to see/learn? Wet or dry embossing?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.