Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Card Challenge

I follow quite a few different Close To My Heart consultant/artwork/networking groups on facebook. One of them has frequent posts for card challenges. I decided to bite the bullet and jump in on one for a change!

Here's the challenge sketch I worked from.
{Source}
I didn't really know what I'd make with this sketch. I fiddled with a couple different pieces until I was happy. This is what I came up with! This is a sneaky peek of brand new products coming in December so shhhhh!


All items used are from Close To My Heart: Colonial White bulk cards, Hopscotch paper packet (coming December 1st!), Colonial White cardstock, Outdoor Denim Exclusive Ink, Flaxen Exclusive Ink, Glacier Exclusive Ink, Bone Folder, Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors, Versamat™, Surecut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer, Sparkles Clear Assortment, Sequins Gold Assortment, 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive, 2" X 3 1/2" My Acrylix® Block, 3" X 3" My Acrylix® Block, Quatrefoil embossing folder, spritz, scrubber, October stamp of the month (nla), and Sing Glory hostess rewards stampset.

I'll be teaching this during my December Scrap Your Stash sessions. Please note: the Polar Bear stampset is no.longer.available. It was only available for October.. You never know what Stamp of the Month will work with future paper pack releases! Never pass up a Stamp of the Month!

What do you think? A super cute summery Australian Christmas card!

 

14 comments:

  1. Love that bear. So glad you decided to join our Sketch Challage. Hope to see you join again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love to try this with the vine embossing folder, but alas..... I have not ordered one yet. :p ;)

      Delete
  2. Yay, so glad you decided to join in with us at AGSC! I love how you have paired the new paper pack with that adorable polar bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kara...got your message on my blog. Thanks for asking about CASE'ing a card for your customers. You are always welcome to CASE anything of mine, I just ask that you link back to my blog if you publish it in any public forum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always link back and credit the artist when I know their details. Tis very rude not to!

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of combining a Christmas stamp with a "spring" paper pack - very "out of the box" thinking :) Nice work! Hope to see more of your work with Atlantic Hearts Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take on the sketch. Gorgeous stamp and papers. Thank you for sharing with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card.. I got that stamp this and can't wait to use it with my cricut.
    Thanks for joining us at AHSC.
    LAura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! So glad you took the plunge to come play with us at AHSC. Please come back and join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card. Love your take on the AHSC sketch, especially the non traditional colors for a Christmas card. Hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card, I really love the polar bear, he is adorable! Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    Brandi R.
    AHSC - DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, thanks for sharing in the AHSC
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love all the textures. Thanks for playing at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.