Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sing Glory

Monday was our monthly Brisbane consultant fun day at The Carson Room. I had a list of things to do and I got them done! I love getting stuff done and off my to do list!
Chillin with my very own Goldilocks, the lovely Jane of Scrapping Sisters by Jane Molloy.
One of those items was 5 pages in my July-August Picture My Life album. I had my photos sorted, printed, trimmed and corners rounded in preparation for completing the pages.

I started with this template and my medium organizer full of PML cards and embellishments.
I slipped my photos in, added various Picture My Life cards, some journaling, and bits of shimmer trim or sequins where needed.
I made my own 3x4 card from a scrap of Kraft cardstock, the December stamp of the month, and a bit of shimmer trim.
I cut a 3x4 Chalk It Up card down to show just the LAUGH portion, stuck it to my photo, rounded the corners and voila.
That's 33 photos in 5 pages, and it took only about an hour (including chatting, getting second and third opinions on card choices, coffee, etc).

Stations were set around the room and we all got to try different techniques for enhancing our work. Distressing, inking, sanding, salt sanding, masking, embossing, etc. I have a really cool little booklet that's in the works and displays all the techniques. Interested? You'll have to pop in my studio for a workshop and see it!

Finally, I got down to business and started on making *my* Christmas cards for the year. I decided on 2 design themes, one Jesus and one Santa. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out!

The first one is the Jesus themed card using the Sing Glory hostess reward stampset. I really like the earthy combination of kraft, outdoor denim, and colonial white, plus the sparkle of gold shimmer trim.
The only way you can get the Sing Glory stampset is by being a hostess.


Inside is stamped with Mary and Babe and Merry Christmas.
The second card is using retired papers from last year, and the October stamp of the month.
I used slate, ruby, and juniper inks to match the paper. Inside is stamped Merry Christmas.


I need to make a few more of each as my list of cards to give keeps getting longer. (Whatever shall I do?) I guess I better get back to cutting and stamping!

For a complete list of what I used to create both these cards, contact me!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.