Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving

This year we had four guests over for Thanksgiving dinner.

This Ausmerican expat insists on celebrating 4th of July and Thanksgiving. (If we lived in the US, I'm sure my husband would insist on celebrating Australia Day and Anzac Day!)

Just for fun I made these place cards and a sign for our window. Thanksgiving is in autumn in the northern hemisphere, so this was my way of putting a little autumnal flair into our table decorations.


These were super easy to whip up. I used chocolate, honey, and colonial white cardstocks, chocolate and bamboo inks, my surecut trimmer, versamat, bone folder, nonstick scissors, quatrefoil embossing folder, 2x6.5" block, EZDots adhesive, gold polka washi tape, gold shimmer trim, Glamour upper and lowercase stampsets, swirls stampset (nla), my spritz and scrubber.


For the place cards:
- I cut my chocolate cardstock to 4x6" and folded in half to make 3x4 tent cards.
- I cut the honey cardstock to 3.75x5.75", folded it in half, unfolded and ran through my cuttlebug with the quatrefoil folder.
- I folded it in half and adhered to chocolate card with EZDots adhesive.
- I cut the colonial white cardstock to about 3.25x3".
- I stamped the swirl in bamboo ink on each white card.
- I stamped each name in chocolate ink overtop of the swirl.
- I stuck all the card pieces together and used some gold shimmer trim to up the sparkle.


For the sign:
- I used off cuts of chocolate, honey, and colonial cardstocks.
- I stamped a large swirl in bamboo ink, then Thanksgiving in Glamour uppercase alphabet in chocolate.
- I ran the honey card through my cuttlebug and stuck a turkey sticker (from my stash) on the side.
- I used a bit of shimmer trim and washi tape to finish them off.


Voila! Some quick and easy and pretty place cards for my Thanksgiving table.

The Davies - Glenn Kara Julia and Evan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.