Friday, November 7, 2014

Why do I do what I do?

Today I attended the life celebration of a beautiful young girl.

At the front of the church foyer was a lovely display of no less than nine photo albums. 9. All lovingly made by her mother over the course of her daughter's life. All filled with memories and experiences and holidays and birthdays and special times.

Those nine albums. Plus *heaps* of pictures at the front of the church and the slideshow. That barely scratches the surface of the events of this girl's life.

The church slowly filled with people. Friends, family, classmates, teammates, acquaintances. All there to remember and honor her life and to support her family.

As a grieving mother twice over I appreciate the gift of album making and sharing. My own children have multiple albums of their short lives and I share them as often as I can.

It's why I do what I do.

Til we meet again dearie..... frolick away in your new body! <3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.