Saturday, April 25, 2015

Custom Order

My mate Claire celebrated her birthday this week and held a formal dinner party under the stars at her parents house out in the sticks. It was a beautiful evening with a yummy dinner and hilarious conversations with a gorgeous bunch of women.

Claire asked me if I could make some floral and vintage feeling name plates and menus for the occasion. That I can!

Here's what we came up with via facebook chat and me rifling through my stash of goodies. I've used the April stamp of the month Typed Note along with other current and retired products for this project. The birthday girl loved them and I had a ball making them!

To make the name plates, I cut 3.75x4.25" rectangles and folded to make the bases. I used a corner punch from my stash to scallop the edges. I cut a strip of Ivy Lane paper and edged it before adhering. Then after a couple quick stamps of the typewriter, the sentiment, and names all on Colonial White cardstock (and plenty of fussy cutting), all I had to do was stick it down. Tada!
First name plate prototype.
To make the menus, I cut colonial white cardstock to 4.5x6.5". I stamped in multiple colors and stampsets before scalloping the edges annd mounting to 5x7 Kraft cardstock.
First prototype menu. Font is too big, had to find a smaller one...
After a few tweaks, here's the finished set. For doing this without any pattern or set dimensions, all straight from my noggin, we were both rather impressed!
They fit in perfectly with the antique table setting and decor.
I stamped the back side of the menus as a surprise for the birthday girl. ;)
Voila! A couple simple cuts and folds, some scalloped edges, stamping, and fussy cutting equals some classy handmade items perfect for a dinner under the stars.

Need something unique for your next party or event? I can make something custom just for you. Contact me for more details.

Materials used, * = retired: Trimmer, Versamat, MyAcrylix blocks, Spritz, Scrubber, 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive, Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors, Glamour uppercase and lowercase alphabets, You Are My Happy icons* and alphabet*, April sotm Typed Note, Finding the Words stampset, Blossom Cardmaking WOTG kit stampset, Black, Blush*, Honey, Sweet Leaf, Chocolate, Bamboo exclusive inks, Ivy Lane paper*, Colonial White and Kraft cardstocks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.