Monday, August 15, 2016

Florence Blog Hop

August is here and that means it's time for Florence, the last of our Seasonal Expressions 2 blog hops.
If you've landed here from Vandra’s Virtual CTMH Craftroom, you're in the right place.

Florence is a gorgeous paper suite and retires this month. I'm sad to see it go!
My husband and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary this June and had dinner at a new restaurant across the street from our home. I thought the patterns in Florence were a bit on the Indian side, perfect for a buffet dinner of butter chicken and other curries!
I chose the Out of the Hat pattern (Magic pg 82) for this layout. I hadn't used this book yet so why not? I like the mix of photo sizes and clean lines of this design. The background panels are the backsides of some Sangria paper which I think offset the floral patterns nicely (use Pomegranate cardstock for a similar look).

I wasn't happy with the anniversary-ish embellishments in my stash, they just weren't working for me. So, I took matters into my own hands and I made my own embellishment. I love how I can do that with my collection of stamps and inks! I busted out Celebrate Australia to make this corner pop.
I stamped the starburst directly on the page, celebrate on a scrap piece, fussy cut, and stuck down. Perfect! An Australian themed stampset just accented an anniversary layout. Boom, double duty!

I don't have my photos printed yet. This is what it'll look like when they're printed later today. :)

To make this layout at home, you'll need the following materials. Click through the links to purchase or contact your consultant. Florence Paper Packet, Pomegranate and Colonial White Cardstocks, Magic™ (softcover) How To Book, Celebrate Australia My Acrylix® stampset, Flaxen Sapphire and Poppy Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads.

I also used these essential items from my toolkit: SureCut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer, Versamat™3" × 3" My Acrylix® Block, Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors, My Acrylix® Spritz Cleaner, My Acrylix® Stamp Scrubber, 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive, Ruler.

I'd love it if you'd leave a comment before hopping along to Lauren Moore's CTMH Craftings!

Shop with me today!



What can I help you create today?
Stay up to date with all the fun, join my community!

twitter - instagram - facebook - pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Nice idea combining Sangria with Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the angled look of this layout and your stamp creation creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours on these pages. They look great with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your layout, I don't usually like things that aren't straight on the page but this looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've used one of our great patterns to create this layout Kara. The colours look great. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.