Saturday, December 7, 2013

Advent Calendar project

As promised, here's how I made my Advent calendar.

Materials used: Chocolate and Colonial White cardstocks
Ruby, Topiary and Black exclusive inks
Sparkle & Shine WOTG kit stamp set
Magical Days stamp set
My Acrylix blocks

From my stash:
Tag maker
Black fine tip pen
Adhesive tape
Mini clothes pins
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Corkboard

Our previous advent calendar is buried in the garage. In a box. On the bookshelf most inaccessible. So... I made a new one.

I took everything off my pirate ship fabric covered cork board and began fiddling with placement of my numbered tags.
Once I was happy with the arrangement, I looped some string and tied it as a baseline for gluing.
I got them all glued down and clipped the tags in place.
On the back of each tag is a name or title of Jesus as found in Scripture. I used this list in random order.

Not your typical chocolate or toy filled calendar now is it? I think it's much more in tune with advent and anticipating Christmas.

You can make this too. I don't have a Cricut to cut out tag shapes so I used a tool from my stash to cut these instead. Imagine making your own advent calendar for next Christmas. Have it all set to go and just hang it up December 1st. Why not fill it with treats or toys for your family? The magical days stamp set is still available for order. Contact me for more information, or shop straight away on my website.

Happy advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.