Sunday, September 14, 2014

Family is Forever

Family is Forever, the new September stamp of the month. My copy finally arrived on Wednesday and tonight I whipped up this layout. It'll feature pictures from my brother Erik's wedding.

While the original idea is by Allison Davis, I worked from Charlene Weiss-Colgan's layout.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/442478732113020887/

Update: Here we go, much better lighting! I give you the newly retaken pictures of my double page wedding layout featuring September's stamp of the month and the new damask embossing folder. The wedding and ceremony took place at Maplehurst Farm on a sunny August day. The colors were white, black, purple, a soft green, and plenty of wood circles, baby's breath, and lovely blue skies. I had a certain bit of black and white paper set aside but the blue in Skylark fit better in my mind and echoes the skies.
The full layout with room for three (3) 3.5"x5.5" photos and one (1) 5.5"x5.5" photo.
I used green and purple sequins plus a clear sparkle to represent the detail colors from the bridal bouquet.
A bit of woodgrain to echo the farm setting for the day and a pair of sparkles for the couple.
For their ceremony, they had communion (bread and wine), plus a cord of 3 strands that they braided. That's echoed by the 3 hearts here.
 And now, quite possibly, my favorite part of the layout. My brother and my new sister's initials. Aww.
The purple heart is popped up with a foam dot for added visual interest.
And there you have it. My take on a wedding double page layout using the Family is Forever stampset.

If you want to recreate this layout, you'll need the following items. You can purchase them from my shop, just click the links. :)

CTMH products used:
Saddle, Colonial White, Slate, Sweet Leaf, and Chocolate cardstocks. Chocolate, Black, Slate, Sweet Leaf, Smokey Plum exclusive inks. 1" × 1", 2" × 3 1/2", 2" × 6 1/2", 4" × 5" My Acrylix® Blocks. Trimmer, Versamat, spritz and scrubber. September stamp of the month. Damask embossing folder, Woodgrain embossing folder. Clear sparkles assortment. Skylark b&t papers (discontinued), Ivy Lane cardmaking kit sequins (discontinued - similar), YAMH alphabet (discontinued).
From my stash: double stick tape, wavy square cutting template, white shimmer cardstock.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.