Sunday, September 22, 2013

More card fun

With CM I was just venturing into card making. I did a big batch of cards using the materials I had on hand at the time, and I thought they were pretty fabulous.

Enter Close To My Heart and my cardmaking has drastically changed. Enter in the Workshop On The Go kits. Gorgeous collections of doublesided B&T papers, matching solid color cardstocks, exclusive cannot-buy-separately coordinating stamp sets, and embellishments. Not just for creating lovely scrapbook layouts, I've been using WOTG kits to create all the cards you've seen here on my blog. A lot of the layout ideas are my own, some are inspired from ideas in the Originals Card Confidence book.

These are two cards I made last night and today using the Laughing Lola WOTG kit and some pieces from my stash. I'm trying to integrate my (rather sizeable) stash of cm products with my new stash of CTMH products. And guess what? It can be done!

One of my biggest worries when cm was closed down was "What if I just don't like the offerings of this new company (we didn't know the name at the time, just that a plan B was in the works)? How will I scrapbook my memories with products I just don't like?" That worry was unfounded once I got my mits on the small samples I saw in June at a consultant info night. The first range I saw was the Chantilly kit and I. Fell. In. Love. Chantilly blends so well with all my little girl ranges from cm. Laughing Lola blends with just about anything you have on hand.

It is very safe to say that I am one happy convert to Close To My Heart and their range! :D

Oh yeah, you wanted to see the cards, right? ;)

This one I made using the offcuts left behind after punching out the 3 squares from the card above. Why not use what I have and work with it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.