Sunday, May 25, 2014

National Scrapbook Day - Details

In case you missed it, yesterday was my repeat National Scrapbook Day event. One lady came and we had a great time. That tends to happen when you have a couple cuppas, beautiful papers, and lots of stamping inspiration! We made 2 pages each in 7 hours and loved it. When you're distracted by another cuppa or a funny story, it makes the day all the more fun. My customer loved the sunburst (I shared the youtube tutorial where I learned the technique), as well as a crash course in scrapbooking and stamping the Close To My Heart way. I enjoyed having someone else to bounce ideas off of and to share what I love doing! I had a yummy dinner planned, which we never got round to as my lady has allergies that I wasn't prepared to cater for. (Oh well, I'll know for next time!)

Wanna see what we got up to? Read on!
The calm before the storm... The pile of papers -plus prizes!- for my customer, the inks, stamps and other tools we used. Esther was rewarded with two prizes. A free workshop pass (for ordering earlier in the week) and a Ruby Exclusive Ink pad (for coming to NSD). I love spoiling my customers!
Trimmer, papers galore, stamp blocks, oh my!
Esther, my lovely NSD test subject. She had a blast! I did too!
A better shot of our page.
Close up of the stamping we did.
We chose colors that matched the Ivy Lane papers. It came out quite pretty, better than I thought it would! I so love this stampset.
Our sunburst page.
We inked the edges of this matting before we stuck it all down.
So many layers. So much fun to put together!
Our finished layout. We had a great time. Are you coming to my next big scrapping day? Check my events tab!
Like these pages and materials? You can pick up the supplies listed here: Papers - Ivy Lane WOTG Scrapbooking kit, Cardstocks - Bamboo, Colonial White, Chocolate, Whisper, Tools - Surecut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer, Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors, Versamat, Ruler, 2" X 3.5" and 1" X 1" My Acrylix™ Blocks, My Acrylix™ Stamp Scrubber, My Acrylix™ Spritz Cleaner, Bonding Memories™ Glue Pen, Reflections™ Scrapbook Program (Soft Cover), Stamps - Ivy Lane WOTG Cardmaking kit, In The Background, Exclusive Inks - Blush, Chocolate, Bamboo, Slate, Hollyhock.

Esther's free pass prize.
For all my new customers, with your first order from my shop, you'll also get a free pass (worth $10). It's my way of saying thank you! You can use it at any of my workshops listed below:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.