Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Planner Love Bug

Decorated planners, filofaxes, something called a dori? All these have been popping up all over my instagram and twitter feeds lately... and I got to thinking.

What do I have in my Close to my Heart stash? 
How could I use it in unexpected ways to pretty up a calendar/planner/diary?

I already use a bit of washi tape to mark big events (like birthdays and anniversaries). Usually I rip my washi tape as it's so easy to get the lengths I need. Some days though, I want nice clean edges and that's when my nonstick scissors come in handy. I'm also forever running out of pockets and places to put ticket stubs, receipts, vouchers and the like. I can add some clever pockets with these envelopes and keep them in place with my mini stapler or adhesives.

Keeping myself inspired is easy with my favorite PictureMyLife cards. There's oodles of different themes and designs to choose from, including my favorite kit: For Always.
They make fabulous spots to write down those important bits of my day I just don't want to forget. A couple quick hole punches later and the 2 sizes of cards easily slip in and out of any ringed planner or binder. A great idea for marking off sections of calendars or as a general bookmark.

I'm a sucker for sticky notes and envelopes. Lucky for me there's a cute range of My Crush™ accessories that includes both!
I've even got the option of some cute Christmas planning or memory keeping in a dedicated Christmas book, complete with embellishments that match(!). If you like the idea of those "December Daily" type projects, this is abolutely perfect.

Did you know about the great MyCrush special running this month?
I don't know about you but I can never have enough sparkle in my day. I'm going to have to start livening up my calendar pages with some shimmer trim and glitter gems. I can color the white shimmer trim with any ShinHan markers to get the exact color I want.
I can get lost in stamping my favorite images or making my own calendar headers in black ink then coloring with water color pencils or ShinHan markers to add a dreamy touch to pages with lots of white space.

What do I keep all my calendar decorative goodies in? A My Acrylix® Organizer! It's the perfect size to hold all my bits and bobs securely. All my little bits fit perfectly in craft boxes. Or for the fashionistas out there, a chevron shoulder tote holds everything and makes a great day bag.
There's so many different options for customizing and decorating all sorts of calendars with Close to my Heart. The sky is the limit!

Have you been bitten by the #plannerlove decorating bug?
http://creatingwithkaradavies.ctmh.com.au/retail/category.aspx



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.