Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Greeting Cards with Jackson

After multiple requests to do manly cards, I cracked open my Jackson paper pack and whipped these babies up. I used current papers and inks, and an assortment of current and retired stampsets. I was determined to use my old stamps and see what I could come up with!

The designs and cutting guide used are from this book. Holy moly there's so much good stuff here!
If you have this book already, open it to page 111 and follow along. If you don't have it, you can get it from my website here. It's well worth the $20 price tag! This cutting guide is insane. 3 pieces of paper and cardstock = enough cut bits for SIXTEEN CARDS. Yes, 16. I told you it's insane!
Once you've cut your bits, this is how much scrap you'll have left. I kid you not. You use less than half a sheet of one cardstock (I used Colonial White), leaving plenty of space for stamping and matting.
See? Insane I say!
After I cut all my bits, I sorted them out into piles for each of the 8 card designs. All the pieces for card 1, card 2, etc. Much easier to find the bits needed!
Each of the 8 cards has clear instructions and diagrams for placing the cut pieces. Love it!

These are the 8 I came up with last night using 1 sheet of arrowhead Jackson B&T paper, 1 sheet Juniper cardstock, and 1 sheet Colonial White cardstock, plus 8 Colonial White bulk cards and envelopes. I used accent pieces of cardstock from my Jackson paper packet where needed plus some Kraft cardstock.
Aren't these cute? Yet still blokey? I'm quite happy with how they came out!

Next you'll see which stampsets I used with each card. * = retired no longer available.
Card 1 - Tommy WOTG stampset*
Card 2 - Laughing Lola cardmaking WOTG stampset*
Card 3 - April '15 SoTM and September 30daysofhappy* stampsets
Card 4 - Tommy WOTG stampset*
Card 5 - Blossom cardmaking WOTG stampset and 30daysofhappy*
Card 6 - May '14 SoTM and 30daysofhappy stampsets*
Card 7 - Finding the Words and April SoTM
Card 8 - Reel Life stampset
Voila! How easy and impressive are these cards? I'm surprised every time with the results. I've done this workshop twice now. Once in Blossom with all 16 cards, and now in Jackson with 8 cards. I'll finish the remaining 8 later. Same cutting guide, different papers and inks, different results.
Card 1 - two ways, you also see the difference in the 2 shades of white!
Card 3 - two ways. The 2 rectangles didn't suit the stamps I wanted, so I saved them for later and used a bigger scrap of Colonial White instead. Tweak each design as desired!

So there you go, 8 manly masculine blokey cards using a variety of new and retired stamps and the Jackson paper packet. I hope this inspires you to try cardmaking with the Wishes book and Jackson papers! I highly recommend them both!

Materials used: Trimmer, Wishes, Bone Folder, Versamat, Blocks, Spritz, Scrubber, Scissors, Jackson Paper Packet, Kraft and Colonial White cardstocks, Glacier Juniper Cocoa and Barn Red inks, Typed Note, Blossom Cardmaking WOTG, Finding the Words, and Reel Life stampsets, and various adhesives.

Stock up on these and the rest of your crafting supplies simply by shopping with me today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.